Friday, October 6, 2006

Spinning Sadomasochism

This week the gym started offering Spinning classes. I took my first class Monday at 6 AM & my 2nd class was Thursday eve (3 people cancelled). Spinning is a high-energy, indoor stationary cycling based group fitness program where the instructor takes you on a 'virtual' outdoor road race and a finish line. I am already signed up for two classes next week. This couldn't have come at a more appropriate time because of the sundown coming so early. I sure hope it tones & gives me endurance especially while doing the standing flats at a 80-110 rpm, which is like running and I am struggling and struggling because I swear it is a hill. I normally do not get out of the saddle in the real world because I am afraid of putting pressure on the knees but I am going to do this. I felt like I was going to fall off with either my elbows or knees giving out. I think I have too high of a resistance so I will lower it next week. I ordered a Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor because we will be training at our proper heart rate zones and not blow up or out!

No comments: