Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ride with Roadies - What the heck!

I walked in the shop to pick up a brochure and I hear this "Hi, Karin". Mennonite Earl who by winter rides a single speed and by break of weather rides a geared bike to show the roadies what he has got. I had joked around with the previous mennonite owner that I bet "they" could whoop some butt against some roadies.

I was scared to go on this ride with "the start of a club" from Big Earl's Bike Shop including Earl himself on a geared bike. I almost whimpered out to the last second. Met up with my kids for a little bit who rode 12 miles from home. Zach went back tracked for Kelsi because she had already gone about 50plus miles on her SS.

Tonight we went 22 miles and average 15 mph in an hour and a half. "The roadie men" went 29 miles in a little and I mean a little more time avg. just under 20mph. The pack ripped away on Swengel Road and so there was us. I must say this was the probably the most I used the functions on my bike. Michelle was feeling it. She had ran 5 miles, taught a Climbing Spinning class and personal trained three people today. Also, the first on her road bike this year. Oh did I mention I was on my GF Mountain Bike. If they have a slower paced group next time I may do it

No comments: