Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pedal Biker

I saved a gallon of gas riding to the point where usually take my bike to ride.

Got a wave from a hind Harley Rider traveling in a bunch roar. Found out it was someone I knew. Did he recognise my rear? I have found that a cyclist are referred to as "Pedal Biker" by this group. I wonder who came first to get the name of a BIKER, the Gas Hog Bike or the Human Pedal Bike.

Lost people in the twisting menagerie of Penns Creek through Union Snyder & Centre Counties. These are walkers wondering around, families on bikes with flat tires, kayaks and their lost shuttles. I even thought of doing the shuttle service with their own vehicle for a fee. It will indeed save gas and miles of another driver. I will have to start carrying a map. This happens frequently to outsiders traveling miles to get to a point out here. This weekend it will be full of fishermen.

I even took my bike into the bathroom at Poe Paddy Station #5 of the Wilderness 101. Creepies around.

Get home and husband and son were ready to go find me because I was gone several hours - or were they hungry for supper? I had a black dirt snot wipe from the tip of my nose to my ear. I had to check out the nice soft fleece on the thumb of my gloves.

No comments: