Thursday, August 31, 2006

Will it rain or will it go? On another note...Class Reunion. Shall I do the Laurel Classic race?

***I am trying to get this around for being outside from dark to dark at the Shenandoah 100 this Labor Day weekend as a "volunteer of sorts" with my daughter. Right now there is a flash flood watch and there is going to be heavy rain Friday. I guess we won't be doing the North River trail, because one has to cross it a dozen times. Everything is coming at me like a baseball, between here there and everywhere. I hope it all turns out well for Chris Scott. I do not know how he keeps his -"It will be ok". As of Monday, he had 350 riders registered for the race. It will be a hoot***
***MONTOURSVILLE CLASS OF 1981" will be having a 25 YR class reunion***One of my classmates has taken the lead in organizing something for us. The Original gal decided she didn't want to do it anymore so never contacted anyone to take over or ask for help - so it goes bye & bye. Luckily Andy organized a group and is donating his workplace postage meter and copier to get the invitations out to classmates. Finally got "THE untouchable LIST"(unseen for 25 yrs of the class, some of my friends need updated. It would also be nice if one had email addresses of classmates - let's get updated! I have asked for this list over the reunions since the beginning of time. Enough rant.
***My son & daughter want to do the Laurel Classic MTB race next weekend. My son seemed upset when I said I didn't think I would do it. I have been riding the road bike in ill frequency and not trails since we did the small one with Dagny weeks ago. He said. "it is only 11 miles, only 3 more than the Cat Classic...You can do it!" I dunno...another thing fo the thought locker! Six weeks ago a guy at the gym was training for the Laurel Classic and said we should get a team together for it. I mulled and murmured! Why didn't I jump on the idea and start getting in action? Lazy crazy scared butt feel like a turd in comparison to others.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Someday you can be DFL Queen in a race. I need someone like you to come along to be GUNGHO & READY TO GO GET 'EM Tiger! Someday....I will find a good beginner one....
If I decide to do it...I may be the Queen DFLr, I was pretty close the last race but no cigar. I will decide when I sign up the kids. Of course, I will have the bodily malfunction alarms going off!

Karin said...

Did you know Charlie on Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (Peter Ostrum)is now a large animal vet specializing in cattle & horses in NY and drives from farm to farm?
Hard worker...sure is a long time until free time.