Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Wilderness 101 ~ Coburn,PA ~ W101

Wrapped up another family volunteer session at the Wilderness 101 (3 days for me)! I live for this every year. My husband & son do the grilling. This year Zachary did a lot of riding between #5 and Coburn - Of course he wants to do the race next year. Kelsi kept track of riders up check list. Whatever happened to Ray Crew - DNS? He was there Friday night volunteering. Met DirtRag Max - excellent fella - found out he knows my bestest college friend Jen Shuster in Pittsburgh (small world). Glad to have Dagny back volunteering - #5 aid station rules - she even provided some XM 70's music. There were quite a few others I was looking for that ended up on the huge list of DNFs - heat? mechanicals? Majority of riders were looking good when they came into #5, not as many laggers, and a few crampers.
This is quite an organized production of Chris Scott. The riders, friends I have met year after year, & Chris's family are absolutely wonderful. This felt like a different group of riders than normal - many new. I think there was at least a handful of riders who usually attend did not make it. WooHoo, 1st place went to Harlan Price who seemed to be stuck in 2nd place at several races the last year or so. I was so glad to meet Kerry Combs. I hope to venture in Rothrock State Park at her suggestion. Word can't say enough..........The riders "Light Up My Life You give Me Hope"(isn't that a song?)

My pictures: http://www.photoworks.com/photo-sharing/shareSignin.jsp?shareCode=A90CE42C949&cp=ems_shr_alb_pml&cb=PW

Check out additional W101 pictures taken by Dagny:
http://twisteduterus.livejournal.com/#entry_255723

Site and Results:
http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/htm/home/page_home.htm

1 comment:

Karin said...

Yes, Saturday looks good. I'll have to think - Round Top Trail maybe...