Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The washer is dead !

I smelled something hot or burning on Sunday when I took my mattress pad out of the washer. Al said, "it was the washer". He kept saying it is going to die. I went in denial because I had it over 20 yrs. Sooooo, yesterday I had a message on my voicemail, "The washer is dead -we need a new one". Crap - of course it will be up to me to decide. I really hate shopping for things. I want a huge honk ass one with a couple of settings - simple. I don't need all these dial setting for silk or permanent press which reminds me on my Nana's polyester pant setting.
By this weekend, the sweaty smelly gym clothes may get moldy by Saturday. The hamper is flowing with materials and it is only Tuesday. I will resist the laundromat.
First look at one, the GE Appliances 4.0 cu. ft. King Size Capacity Washer & white is fine because no one will see it in the gloomy basement. Any suggestion?

No comments: