Monday, June 19, 2006

The Call of my hero went by the wayside


I checked the SMT website to see if Shady P Motor had any updates on what the enthusiastic busy beaver has been doing. Since he is my life inspiration and hero, even the smallest thing gives me a jump start and smile of calm. Of course, this inspiration thing has been heading on down the human chain this year. I had a woman tap me on the shoulder in the gym Friday & tell me I was a real inspiration. Oh well, it is all because of my dear friend, Chris Scott. The thanks go out to him. His enthusiasm has helped me with my outlook towards life & the choices one makes and making the best of every situation.
As for the updates, I was so saddened(jumping to conclusions)this morning because he was in State College Saturday riding trails & making adjustments to the 101 course. Oh well, he is an "on the go fella" and I respect him. My low was short lived for 5 minutes. WAIT! Kelsi and I were on a road ride Saturday along Ranck Rd near Millmont, my phone was beeping like I had a message. I ignored it because my Mother has a habit of calling Saturdays and leaving messages that I rarely listen to or call her back. I listened to the message this morning, it was Chris calling to see what was "shaking" and to let us know he was in town. He was taking the chain saw out to Little Poe and the Fisherman's Path. Crap Crap Crap crazy whining ass lady at work - I could have saved him a trip to the path because it is clear. If only my legs could swing around at the knees and kick my butt. If I hadn't been a flat headed socket eyed red rimmed bitch butt head & didn't wait two days to answer the message. The whole family would have dropped everything to help him clear the trails. I sure hope he didn't sleep on a picnic table & indeed proceeded on to D.C. I am going to have to get him a detail map because this was not the first time he was so close on one of his pass through jounts. My faith in him lives on because of the little message. Thanks for being you!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Would really love to have you help out again. DFL cookies were winners last year & appropriately eaten to the end!

If you can't make it, I WILL see what I can do for you!