Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Water on the Knee

I remember hearing this term many years ago, "Water on the Knee" or "Tap the Knee Keg" Today I had my followup to my series of Synvisc shots. During the past month, I have been having some pain & fullness riding and unable to get full flexion on the rotation, which caused a toe drop on the upswing.
Dr D (orthopaedic surdeon) walked in the room half bent over and mumbling, "Helllllllaahhhh". He proceeded to tell me he was really hurting after falling off his bike this morning. Poor fella...just wanted to do a little whining to me, which is fine anytime. Two male maneuvers in an intersection collide and pride will not allow one to get off and walk.
He jiggled my knee cap around, "whoa there is a lot of fluid". I needed an aspiration of the knee, injection of cortisone, & an injection of pain killer. The pain of the suction was not as bad as the Synvisc injections. I wonder if some of my Syvisc got sucked out??? No activity for 48 hrs - not even walking - elevate & ice. If not better in six weeks come back...otherwise cancel if all is well.....what a guy ahh!

No comments: