Friday, February 16, 2007

Does my cut need stitches?

I was trying to see what the bottom bracket looked like on my Johnny G Spinner Pro Bike. Freaking 43lb flywheel started taking off at the same time my finger was getting sucked slowly into the bracket Once those pedals start going with centrifugal acceleration you can't stop it. I could not get my other arm around to stop the spin. It went a revolution or so with my finger stuck. There was blood gushing a trail everywhere in the house and on me - crap there's a gap across the palm side bend in my index finger. I can move it so no tendon damage. My son immediately got the first aid supplies & eagerly wrapped me up. I put a bra on because I thoughts were to the ER. Dang! It is cold & I want to stay home and do not feel like driving 45 RT miles & who knows how much time we'll be there. The bandage wrap was totally saturated again within five minutes. We were getting ready to go to the ER & I said, "Let's check it out again". It was starting to close a smidgin, but still bloody. I am not going.....I will be at the gym at the hospital in the AM if I decide otherwise. Do I need stitches? NO

No comments: