Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bah! Bloody Moody Holiday Season is approaching!

~I am in a mood today & no one is home until late. I even went to the gym for 2 hours to try and release. I want to get shopping over with for my own children and not two dozen other children & people between my family and the in-law side. I feel like I am shut off mode. I hate shopping unless I go to TJ Maxx or Target. It is a chore to shop and I really hate it. Am I selfish...I just don't have the money to spread around. Also, some of the kids get whatever they want and throw the gift aside. In-law family is unable to come to grips with drawing names. They feel offended if there are no gifts. Al can buy for his family this year. Bah humbug! I just want to kick back and relax with a few cheerful holiday drinks!
~Yesterday, I was at Penn State all day on a campus tour with Kelsi, who is dragging her feet. I wish I had a cattle prod. The # 1 crime on campus is the theft of bicycle seats. As we were leaving, we saw a cheapo bike with no seat. Somewhere there is a grave yard of seats with posts. Then stopped by Mt Nittany Wheelworks to check out bikes for Zachary. It was nice seeing and talking to Jim and Frank after several months with each sporting a beard, look alikes to GI Joe & Abe Lincoln. They are talking about getting a race together called the Stupid 50 in May, which will be majority tough trails for 50 miles in a figure 8. Of course, Chris may come up, which they are hoping he will help out planning.
~I was invited to a party in the evening and as I going out the door, I decided to stay home. I figured it was probably the safest thing to do. I have so many things coming at me and I feel overwhelmed. I feel like running away from everything but no where to go or just be by myself. What do I mean, majority of the time I am by myself!

1 comment:

Karin said...

I guess we need to keep perspective of Family being together. I am sure you do a really great job in your efforts of bringing together the finale! It appears that they want to be with you on Christmas - I never get anyone. We have to travel to family on Holidays,then get home pooped and work the next day.

I also have thought about going away for a Holiday to some place to disappear.