Monday, May 8, 2006

1st Family Mountain Bike Race ~ Cat Classic ~ Logue Farm


Registration for the three of us - First comment, "You probably picked one of the toughest MTB courses to do!". I heard this several times before the event started. As we were lined up like cattle to cross over to the grassy field in a motocross start, I told my daughter I have to vacate the race, I guess the Fight-or-Flight Response wanted to take over my body. My son was somewhere in the field ready to go. I was freaking out. Everything was moving too fast for me. I had a 13 yr old riding at times with me - you go girl - inspiration looking over my shoulder on a climb. The course was really tough despite pre-riding 6 miles the night before. Lots of downhill technical areas = walking areas for me.

Here's Rob, Linda, & Ray; but where is Harry? Thanks for the seat tightening Harry!




I am scared of falling - maybe I should get full body armour. It feels wonderful to see the list of finishers in print & see our names, despite poopoo performance. I accomplished a self goal over the last yr- post knee surgeries, hopefully next year will be more of a fitness improvement. Ride, Ride the butt off!


Kelsi & I made the podium of the Logue digger.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Yes, I completed the course & was almost DFL!