Saturday, April 10, 2010

I FELL at a mountainbike race........................


Descending the shale road.
Gunnar's head turns around to see if I was coming.
Rolling the outer edge of the rubber footing on the shale jaggers.
Oh no, slow moe, going down.
Crapola, brain takeover, did anyone see me?!!!
Hit elbow, lightly grazed knee, and hand pads.
Layers, layers, layers helped the impact.
Smooth erect jack-in-the-box up and turn to line of vehicles.
No one in sight to the front or back. aaah solo.

Later...

Me: "I FELL!"
Deb: "Where were you?"
Me: "A mountainbike race, Michaux Mash."
Deb: "Oh wow... a fall off the ole bike!"
Me: "I was not racing, no bike....me trying to walk!"
Deb: "Dork girl, you can't be going down."

I went down to volunteer at FFRP promoter Zachary Adam's race - Michaux Mash . He is doing a fine job. Never been there before, it was a different crowd than I was used to seeing. Impressed with Alex Viana on a rigid SS who just started mountainbiking....with a love twist of crits on the next schedule agenda. Or maybe it was the handlebar moustache! As always, good to see a few familiar faces...feel better Tim....I am CLUTCH! A young one's recent words....I thought it sounded, hmmmmm - I won't say!

No comments: