Sunday, March 18, 2007

Out in the Snow!

I must give a big thanks to my friend Dag. Here are her photos from the adventure!
This snow time may not have happened without the nudge of Dag & sunshine rays because it was windy & cold. There was almost a foot of new snow. It turned out to be a beautiful day between the mountainous ridges of the tri-county area of Snyder, Centre & Union County. We ventured out to the old railroad grade west of Cherry Run. This area is so peaceful that it brings on an errieness. We had to open up our arm pit vents on our jackets for a cool advantage to our sweat.
It was a real joy to have the experience of trying out her snowshoes while she used her cross country skiis. Some of the downed trees on the path caused us to contort our bodies and work with nature on the ground.
We were out about two hours & it was quite worthwhile!


Glad to have the Boooot. I only have a small blister where my sock must have bunched in the heel area of my boot. I would love to get a pair of snowshoes but would it be worth it for me because it seems I have been shying away from cold winter outdoor activities.

Ninja with bamboo swords eeeyawh!

Dork hats galore!


Mission Accomplished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet pictures!

dag